The Narrative Project"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story within you." ~Maya Angelou
Introducing “True Stories”, an anthology written by the authors of The Narrative Project!
What does a writer need in order to write a book? What does it take to turn yourself into an author? The writers in this volume came to The Narrative Project with stories burning to be told. And here are their stories! We at The Narrative Project are committed to helping identify what really wants to be written, and then providing everything needed for our writers to write–and publish–their books.
Buy your copy here and we’ll send it to
Grab these three videos to get you moving on your memoir! Your Story deserves to be unsilenced.
Be sure to check your email. Enjoy!
NaNo Rebels: A Walk on the Nonfiction Side
You have a story to tell
and you know your story will be meaningful to others—perhaps to your family, perhaps to a much wider audience. You’ve attended writing classes, workshops, and conferences. You’ve bought books on the writing life and set intentions to get your writing done. So where is that book? We will give you EVERYTHING YOU NEED to complete a draft of your memoir that is ready for its final developmental edit in nine months!
Cami is the author of the quest memoir Second Wind: One Woman’s Midlife Quest to Run Seven Marathons on Seven Continents and the co-editor of two anthologies of memoirs. She has coached hundreds of writers of all ages through the completion of projects varying in length from short poems to very, very long books. She has a passion for story! As a psychotherapist and as a writer, Cami excels at helping people figure out what it is they REALLY have to say. Her gift is to break down the daunting tasks in life into manageable bite-sized pieces for people so they can experience success.
The Narrative Project is for you if:
- You are serious about writing your book
- You know your story must be told
- You’ve gotten stuck in the starting and stopping loop more than a few times and know you need help
The Narrative Project get-your-book-done in a nutshell:
- Nine-month program in a virtual classroom. All sessions are recorded.
- Narrative skills-building classes monthly (virtual) and two in-person retreats in the Pacific Northwest.
- Editorial group of no more than FOUR writers guided by a published author. Meets twice monthly.
- A secret Facebook group to stay connected and share resources.
- Five individual coaching sessions to work with mindset, organization, skills, and stuckness..
- Publication in an anthology of your peers!!!
One becomes a good writer by becoming a good reader. The Narrative Project requires writers to read and critique the work of others in a very specific way. This is part of the skills-building process. We are committed to helping you get your book written and to you building the skills, schedule, and support you need to that end.