Writing a book based on your knowledge of your field of specialization is a great way to organize the work you’ve done over the years in your field and to offer that work to those who need it in a concise and cogent form. But figuring out how to structure both your material and your writing life can be less than straightforward at first glance.
This class is for you if:
- You have specialized knowledge of something you’d like to consolidate and get out into the world.
- You know your expertise can make a difference in people’s lives.
- You need a book you can use to create credibility for your coaching or consulting business.
Join The Narrative Project for an online six-week deep-dive course to give you the tools you need to get started on writing the book you have in your heart to bring to life. We’ll use the Zoom platform and will record all classes so you can watch them later should you need to miss the live meetings. Handouts, templates, and class notes will also be provided.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- The different micro-genres of non-fiction and how to know what KIND of book you want to write.
- How to create a chapter by chapter plan that will serve as the best scaffolding for your particular material and will keep you on track as you write.
- The different possible elements of a chapter and which ones are best for YOUR material.
- How to structure your writing life so that you actually get the book DONE.
- How to handle client stories ethically.
- Pros and cons of different publishing options.
- How to write a book proposal and look for a publisher.
- Overview of what an “author’s platform” is and why you need one even though you are an expert in your field.
If this sounds like just what you need, consider jumping in! Your book deserves to be written and the people you serve deserve to have it in their hands as a resource ASAP.
Keep checking back for new class dates.