Join us for our five-week proposal-writing workshop:
Pitch Your Book: Write the Perfect Query Letter and Book Proposal
Did you know that you don’t have to complete your NON-fiction book BEFORE pitching it to an agent or an editor?
Did you know that even AFTER you finish your memoir, you still need to create a stellar book proposal in order to sell it? Exciting, right? And a little intimidating? Don’t worry. We can walk you through the process. Join your chief Story Warrior, Cami Ostman, and learn how to pitch your book all the way from the perfect query letter to the well-crafted book proposal. Cami’s book proposal for was featured in Brooke Warner’s book How to Sell Your Memoir and was successful enough to attract three agents the first time she sent it out! For the past decade she’s been helping writers complete and pitch their proposals to agents and editors. She wants to share her success with YOU!
What we’ll cover:
- Instruction on each section of the proposal
- Step-by-step, group-coaching and feedback on each part of the proposal
- Examples of successful proposals
- Resources on who to pitch to and when to make your pitch
- Interview with a publisher on “what editors are looking for”
- A done-for-you template
- BONUS: How to write a query letter
- BONUS: Where/how to submit your shorter pieces for publication
- BONUS: 5 Essentials for Building an Author’s Platform
All times are on Thursday and Pacific Time.
- Oct 07, 2022 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Oct 14, 2022 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Oct 21, 2022 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Oct 28, 2022 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Nov 04, 2022 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Cost: $497 (discount code available for current and former students)
Once registered, you will receive an email with all the details. If you do not see this in your inbox, please check your spam or email email@example.com with any questions.