Join us for our 4-week proposal-writing workshop:
Pitch Your Book: Write the Perfect Query Letter and Book Proposal
Did you know that you don’t have to complete your NON-fiction book BEFORE pitching it to an agent or an editor?
Did you know that even AFTER you finish your memoir, you still need to create a stellar book proposal in order to sell it? Exciting, right? And a little intimidating? Don’t worry. We can walk you through the process. Join your chief Story Warrior, Cami Ostman, and learn how to pitch your book all the way from the perfect query letter to the well-crafted book proposal. Cami’s book proposal for was featured in Brooke Warner’s book How to Sell Your Memoir and was successful enough to attract three agents the first time she sent it out! For the past decade she’s been helping writers complete and pitch their proposals to agents and editors. She wants to share her success with YOU!
What we’ll cover:
- Instruction on each section of the proposal
- Step-by-step, group-coaching and feedback on each part of the proposal
- Examples of successful proposals
- Resources on who to pitch to and when to make your pitch
- Interview with a publisher on “what editors are looking for”
- A done-for-you template
- BONUS: How to write a query letter
- BONUS: Where/how to submit your shorter pieces for publication
- BONUS: 5 Essentials for Building an Author’s Platform
All times are on Thursday and Pacific Time.
- September 10, 2020 10:00 am -11:30 am
- September 17, 2020 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- September 24, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- October 1, 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Cost: $397 (discount code available for current and former students)
To sign up, please use the Paypal button on this page. You will receive an email confirmation with Zoom connection and private Facebook group link.
If you don’t see the email right away, please be sure to check your spam folder. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions and we will send you the information you need.