Unlock Your Story
BEFORE a person knows they have a book to write, they often wonder:
- Do I have a story?
- Where do I even get started?
- Would anyone care about what I have to say?
- How do I dive into the muck of my experiences to excavate what will be helpful or interesting to others?
- How will I manage all the feelings that come up as I write?
- Can I/should I do this alone?
Unlock Your Story is a virtual, gentle, guided, prompt-oriented writing program that will serve several functions for you, the writer:
- Practice giving voice to important truths
- Explore your unique, authentic voice on the page
- Expel and heal unresolved pain or trauma
- Explore personal identity as related to life transition or radical personal transformation
- Excavate personal stories that can then be used to create a first draft of a manuscript
- Nurture your writing practice even amidst a busy life
This program is for you if:
- You feel you’re not quite ready to dive into writing a book manuscript, but you believe you have a story in you that needs to find its way to the page.
- You want support developing a writing practice.
- You would like feedback and reflection on the CONTENT of your writing but are not ready for feedback on the QUALITY of your writing.
- You have tender material you need to process and would love support as you do so.
This is a program for all genres of writing (memoir, fiction, poetry, prescriptive, etc.).
The structure of Unlock Your Story:
- Each month, you’ll receive a video on a writing-related topic. We’ll cover practical writing practices, healing through writing, how to look for themes in your work, how to decide what to work on, and much more!
- EVERY week you will receive specific writing prompts to keep your juices flowing. You can choose to work with one or all of the prompts offered.
- On the second and fourth weeks of each month we will meet via zoom—we call these meetings “Reflecting Groups”—so you can share what you’ve been working on with other program members and receive reflective feedback (not critique). Meetings will be led by one of The Narrative Project writing coaches.
- Reflecting Groups are gentle, potent, confidential, and contained spaces for writers to dive into the subterranean and bring to the surface the stories that are ready to be shared. Writers are encouraged to share at their own pace and according to their comfort level.
**Unlock Your Story is administered through the Thinkific educational program.
Parameters of the program:
- Three-month initial program with an option to renew for another 3-months or move to month-to-month participation.
- Investment: $349/month.
- Bonus: Inner Critic Video series (a $500 value).
- $500 discount on our Get Your Book Done program if you decide you want us to support you in writing a publishable book.
Current group facilitator is TNP Coach Anni Kamola.